4 Oct 2013

Inspire Aspire - Huh, "Too Old", Did You Say?

Ok let me rephrase that: you've just told me for the umpteenth time that your life isn't fulfilling, you're not happy, you feel stuck, it feels like you're missing something, and you want more! OK I get it. And now in the same breath, you're telling me you're too old? Too old to turn over a new leaf and start over a new life... Too old to take up a new hobby, learn a new skill... Too old to take up travel, venture out, change your ways, shake up your routine... Too old to shake up that booty out of the comfort zone and shimmy down the road to a lifechanging moment... Huh, and you * really * want me to buy that and go down your list of excuses cos I bet you've got more? Like you were born in the wrong country, or you're scared of catching some disease, or you have too many freckles on your nose... Huh?

Thing is you're reading this and I bet my bottom Dollar you're not even 35 years of age... I gotta rest my case. Please though do read this amazing bio summary piece written by Louise Hay in her latest newsletter to date entitled "Your Future Is Always Bright", and I promise that you're in for a reality check!

And as a P.S. please remember that we are the ones responsible for creating our own boundaries and limitations. So if you are desperate for that change in your life, tell your mind to shut up and kick excuses in the teeth! Then, to paraphrase Nike's motivational mantra, just do it! You won't get any wishy-washy sympathy from me. You can do it for sure and I'll see you on the other side! High five!


Nike T-Shirt Design by Mats Ottdal, via Typedeck and Designspiration

P.P.S: Age is no excuse and it's never been too late for Fred Beckey to live his passion either! An accomplished mountain climber, he tackled the Dolomites for the first time at the tender age of... 89!

No comments:

Post a Comment